The University awards diplomas three times in the academic year: December, May, and August. All students completing their coursework must apply to graduate online in order to receive their diplomas.
The College of Natural Sciences ceremonies are celebrated in the fall and spring semesters. Participation is optional. Summer graduates can ask to participate in the preceding spring or following fall ceremony.
The Summer 2015 graduation application deadline for bachelor candidates is July 17, 2015, by 5 pm. In absentia (not enrolled in residence) candidates should apply at least a week in advance of the deadline to ensure that documents and payments arrive in time.
Please review your Degree Audit before applying to graduate. In the graduation application, you will be asked to indicate how remaining degree requirements will be satisfied.
To receive your degree in August 2015, the following forms are required:
- Graduation Application
- College of Natural Sciences (CNS) Quest Assessment (summer graduates are exempt from this assessment)
- College of Natural Sciences Graduation Survey (link will be emailed to you starting in late July 2015)
If you are an in absentia graduation candidate (not enrolled in residence at UT), you must complete and return the in absentia registration form. Note that an online Graduation Application is also required for in absentia graduation.
To walk in the college ceremony without receiving your degree, apply to walk:
- Walk Application (Walker application not open during summers; there is no summer ceremony)
Note to Walkers: You MUST apply to graduate in a future semester when you are completing your requirements. If you fail to apply for graduation in that future semester, your degree will not be awarded.
To check your Graduation or Walk application results, log onto cns SECURE WEB SERVICES:
- Select Graduation Application Results if you applied to graduate (graduating in current semester)
- Select Walker App Results if you applied to walk (walker application not open during summers)