The University awards diplomas three times in the academic year: December, May, and August. All students completing their coursework must apply to graduate online in order to receive their diplomas.
Click here for details on the upcoming ceremony
The College of Natural Sciences ceremonies are celebrated in the fall and spring semesters. Participation is optional. Summer graduates can ask to participate in the preceding spring or following fall ceremony.
The Spring 2015 graduation application deadline for bachelor candidates is April 6, 2015, by 5 pm. In absentia (not enrolled in residence) candidates should apply at least a week in advance of the deadline to ensure that all documents and payments arrive in time.
Please review your Degree Audit before applying to graduate. In the graduation application, you will be asked to indicate how remaining degree requirements will be satisfied.
To receive your degree in May 2015, the following forms are required:
- Graduation Application
- College of Natural Sciences (CNS) Quest Assessment (immediately follows the graduation application)
- College of Natural Sciences Graduation Survey (link will be emailed to you starting May 1, 2015)
If you are an in absentia graduation candidate (not enrolled in residence at UT), you must complete and return the in absentia registration form. If you are an in absentia graduation candidate who was not enrolled in residence in Fall 2014, you must complete and return a readmission form. Note that an online Graduation Application is also required for in absentia graduation.
To walk in the college ceremony without receiving your degree, apply to walk:
- Walk Application (for those WHO ARE NOT GRADUATING in spring)
Note to Walkers: You MUST apply to graduate in a future semester when you are completing your requirements. If you fail to apply for graduation in that future semester, your degree will not be awarded.
To check your Graduation or Walk application results, log onto cns SECURE WEB SERVICES:
- Select Graduation Application Results if you applied to graduate (graduating in current semester)
- Select Walker App Results if you applied to walk (not graduating in current semester)