How to Graduate this December
A student must apply to graduate in the semester they intend to complete their degree requirements. The College of Natural Sciences awards degrees three times in the academic year: December, May and August. Commencement ceremonies happen once a year, in May. The graduation application for fall will be open from September 4, 2023 - December 4, 2023.
Review your Degree Audit before applying to graduate.
- Apply for any certifications or minors you intend to earn;
- Make sure your certification or minors are currently showing on your degree audit.
If you have any questions after running your audit, contact your advisor before applying to graduate.
Complete a Graduation Application
- If you are not enrolled in residence at UT Austin in the semester you apply to graduate, you must complete and return the in absentia registration form, in addition to the online application.
- Check your Registration Information Sheet and clear bars BEFORE you submit your in absentia registration form.
- If you are enrolled in at least six (6), but fewer than twelve (12), hours you may request full-time status for part-time enrollment by noting the request in the Student Remarks box in the online graduation application.
- If you don’t see your certificate or minor in the drop down menu, enter the information in the Student Remarks box.
- If you have any questions, contact Student Records at email@example.com.
We urge you to complete the College of Natural Sciences Graduation Survey (a link will be emailed to you late in the semester).
Also, determine whether you may be eligible for the Tuition Rebate program. You may submit an Application for Tuition Rebate during the semester in which you complete your degree requirements (earn a degree).