Seeking to take a transfer course in the upcoming summer or count a course you already took toward a degree requirement are examples of requests called petitions. All petitions for degree requirements (except the https://ugs.utexas.edu/core-flags) are handled through the college's online petition system.
Tips for Petitions
- Start with your academic advisor to discuss options
- Seek permission before enrolling in a course at UT or another university
- Understand that petitions are approved for sound academic reasons only
Please contact CNS Student Records (512) 232-9283 if you have any questions.
Petitions regarding core curriculum are handled by the TEXAS Undergraduate Studies (UGS). You can obtain more information about the petition process here.
Additional Student Records
The College team also assist with:
- NCAA Progress Toward Degree forms
- Veteran Certification Letters in support of the Registrar's Office
Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org