The College of Natural Sciences Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Concentration facilitates students’ exploration of DEI concepts through coursework and opportunities to develop skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a diverse world.
Concentration learning outcomes related to DEI concepts include:
- Developing a knowledge base
- Facilitating self-awareness
- Fostering critical thinking
- Improving intercultural communication skills
- Engaging in action-planning skills
- Committing to ongoing learning
Comprised of coursework and events to promote dialogue and guide students through a variety of experiences aimed at exploring and expanding understanding of complex ideas and issue, this credential is not intended to indicate mastery in these areas but rather to demonstrate purposeful and thoughtful guided exploration and self-reflection around themes of the concentration.
Meeting Key Requirements
Courses and event attendance over the span of four semesters meet the requirements of the concentration and other requirements at UT, such as:
- Some courses satisfy university requirements for undergraduates’ required Skills and Experience flags
- Our Dialogue Across Difference course meets the Cultural Diversity in United States flag
- The DEI Capstone course meets the Independent Inquiry flag.
Apply to Join
An application and reflection is available for entry into the concentration.
For more information about course options, concentration outcomes, alumni experiences and answers to your questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.