Class of 2020 (Summer/Fall 2016 Admits): Your Readiness information will be available after May 1, 2016. The information contained here is ONLY for continuing UT students and Spring 2016 admits.
Incoming first-year students (and incoming transfer students who do not have credit for Calculus I or higher) in the following areas are required to purchase the Readiness Package (for $50) to take ALEKS Math online (with a recommended score of 70+) as preparation for the in-classroom UT Math Assessment:
- College of Natural Sciences
- McCombs School of Business
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts majors in Economics
- Liberal Arts majors in BS Psychology
- Undergraduate Studies majors – students planning to transfer into any of the colleges/majors listed above
- Students interested in health sciences that may require Calculus
- Students pursuing any other degree requiring Calculus
After purchasing the Readiness package, please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS. All students listed above must score a 70 or higher on the in-classroom UT Math Assessment by the next drop deadline of January 22, 2016, 5pm.
First-year students purchasing the required Readiness package will complete the following steps:
- Complete the ALEKS online assessment. Please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS. A score of 70+ is recommended on ALEKS to ensure adequate preparation for the UT Math Assessment. First year students must have an ALEKS score on file in order for the UT Math Assessment score to be valid.
- Take the UT Math Assessment
- Students may attempt the UT Math Assessment twice
Continuing students who would like to refresh or improve their math skills are strongly encouraged to prepare for the UT Math Assessment by purchasing the Readiness package for $50 and completing the online ALEKS assessment.
Transfer students who register for M305G or Calculus I (M408C/K/N/R) should follow the same readiness requirements as incoming first-year students and purchase the Readiness Package. Take ALEKS Math online (with a recommended score of 70+) as preparation for the in-classroom UT Math Assessment.
CONTINUING, NEW TRANSFER, AND NEW FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS:
FINAL UT MATH ASSESSMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR SPRING 2016 PLACEMENT - CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- January 25, 2016 (Monday) - 4pm in WCH 1.120 (WC HOGG BUILDING)
If dropped from your math course PLEASE sign up for THE FINAL ut math assessment above.
All students in the College of Natural Sciences planning to enroll in M305G (Pre-Calculus: restricted to CNS majors) in Spring 2016 must score a 55 or higher on the in-classroom UTMA.