Incoming first-year students in the following areas are required to purchase the Readiness Package (for $50) to take ALEKS Math online (with a recommended score of 70+) as preparation for the in-classroom UT Math Assessment that you will take at Orientation. After purchasing the Readines package, please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS:
- College of Natural Sciences
- McCombs School of Business
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts majors in Economics
- Liberal Arts majors in BS Psychology
- Students interested in health sciences that may require Calculus
- Students pursuing any other degree requiring Calculus
All students listed above must score a 70 or higher on the in-classroom UT Math Assessment by the initial drop deadline of August 23rd, 11:59pm.
First-year students purchasing the required Readiness package will complete the following steps:
- Complete the ALEKS online assessment. Please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS. A score of 70+ is recommended on ALEKS to ensure adequate preparation for the UT Math Assessment. First year students must have an ALEKS score on file in order for the UT Math Assessment score to be valid.
- Take the UT Math Assessment at Orientation (no registration required)
- Students may attempt the UT Math Assessment a total of two times before fall classes begin; students who do not meet the required score of 70 on the UT Math Assessment at Orientation will have an opportunity to continue working in the ALEKS learning modules over the summer and may attempt the UT Math Assessment again in August before classes begin.
Continuing students who would like to refresh or improve their math skills are strongly encouraged to prepare for the UT Math Assessment by purchasing the Readiness package for $50 and completing the online ALEKS assessment.
Open to all students needing to take or retake (max two attempts) the UT Math Assessment (click here to sign up to take the UT Math Assessment):
- August 27, 2015 (Thursday) - 4pm in WEL 1.308
- August 31, 2015 (Monday) - 3pm in WEL 3.502
- September 1, 2015 (Tuesday) - 4pm in WEL 1.308
All students in the College of Natural Sciences planning to enroll in M305G (Pre-Calculus: restricted to CNS majors) in Fall 2015 must score a 55 or higher on the in-classroom UTMA by the initial drop deadline of August 23rd, 11:59pm.