ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALEKS, PRINT AND SAVE YOUR ALEKS PIE AND SCORE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS IN FUTURE SEMESTERS. IF YOU REQUEST THIS FROM THE CNS DEAN’S OFFICE THERE WILL BE A $10 CHARGE FOR A PRINT OUT. MANY COMMUNITY COLLEGES AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS MAY REQUEST THIS FROM YOU FOR THEIR COURSES TAKEN AT A LATER DATE.
FALL 2016 - continuing students, new transfers, and class of 2020
Incoming first-year students in the following areas are required to purchase the Readiness Package (for $50) to take ALEKS Math online (with a recommended score of 70+) as preparation for the in-classroom UT Math Assessment that you will take at Orientation. After purchasing the Readiness package, please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS:
- College of Natural Sciences
- McCombs School of Business (required for students who do not already have credit for M 408K or M 408C)
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts majors in Economics
- Liberal Arts majors in BS Psychology
- Undergraduate Studies students planning to transfer into any of the colleges/majors listed above
- Students interested in health sciences that may require calculus
- Students pursuing any other degree requiring calculus
All students listed above must score a 70 or higher on the in-classroom UT Math Assessment by the second drop deadline of Monday, August 29th, 5pm.
First-year students purchasing the required Readiness package will complete the following steps:
- Complete the ALEKS online assessment. Please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to ALEKS. A score of 70+ is recommended on ALEKS to ensure adequate preparation for the UT Math Assessment. First year students must have an ALEKS score on file in order for the UT Math Assessment score to be valid.
- Take the UT Math Assessment at Orientation (no sign-up required)
- Students may attempt the UT Math Assessment a total of two times before fall classes begin; students who do not meet the required score of 70 on the UT Math Assessment at Orientation will have an opportunity to continue working in the ALEKS learning modules over the summer and may attempt the UT Math Assessment again in August before classes begin. Students may not attempt the UT Math Assessment twice during Orientation.
Continuing students who would like to refresh or improve their math skills are strongly encouraged to prepare for the UT Math Assessment by purchasing the Readiness package for $50 and completing the online ALEKS assessment.
UT Math Assessment Sign Up:
This will be the final offering of the UT Math Assessment for Fall 2016 placement, please click the link to sign up:
All students in the College of Natural Sciences planning to enroll in M305G (Pre-Calculus: restricted to CNS majors) in Fall 2016 must score a 55 or higher on the in-classroom UTMA.