Incoming first-year students (and incoming transfer students who do not have credit for Calculus I or higher) in the following areas are required to complete the Math Readiness Package (this pilot is free of charge for Spring 2017). You will have access to a warm-up assessment and learning modules online. Scores of 75+ in each online module are recommended to ensure adequate preparation for the in-person UT Math Assessment and Calculus:
- College of Natural Sciences
- McCombs School of Business
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts majors in Economics
- Liberal Arts majors in BS Psychology
- Undergraduate Studies (UGS) majors – students planning to transfer into any of the colleges/majors listed above
- Students interested in health sciences that may require Calculus
- Students pursuing any other degree requiring Calculus
Please follow the "Click to Download" link in your electronic receipt to be taken to the warm-up assessment.
All students listed above and enrolling in Calculus I must score a 70 or higher (78+ recommended for M408C) on the in-person UT Math Assessment by the next drop deadline of January 20, 2017, 5pm.
Continuing students who would like to refresh or improve their math skills are strongly encouraged to prepare for the UT Math Assessment by completing the Math Readiness package (free of charge for Spring 2017 placement) including an online warm-up assessment and learning modules.
CLICK HERE TO Sign up to take the UT Math Assessment on one of the following dates:
CONTINUING, NEW TRANSFER, AND NEW FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS:
- January 17th, 2017 (Tuesday) - @ 4pm in WEL 2.224
- January 19th, 2017 (Thursday) - @ 4pm in UTC 2.112A
- January 20th, 2017 (Friday) - @ 4pm in WEL 1.316
Additional UT Math Assessment dates will be announced following the initial drop deadline.
Students planning to enroll in M305G (Pre-Calculus) in Spring 2017 must score a 55 or higher on the in-classroom UTMA by the next drop deadline of January 20, 2017, 5pm.