Transforming data into knowledge.
- Awarded $1.1M interdisciplinary NIH T32 predoctoral training grant in biomedical big data sciences.
- Faculty world-renowned for contributions to statistical theory, methodology, and application with ongoing research collaborations from the UK to Sweden to Korea to Chile.
- Growing research program with over 3.7 million dollars awarded during first two years of grant activity.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, M.S. in Statistics, and graduate portfolio programs in applied statistical modeling and scientific computation.
- Serves 5,800+ students per year with over 60 new courses developed since 2007.
- 600+ participants expand their skills through four-day intensives in statistics and data analysis at the annual UT Summer Statistics Institute.
- Twenty leading international scholars and professionals in applied statistics share their expertise with UT students through the “Statistics in Action” Seminar Series.
- 800+ hours of free consulting services to university faculty, staff and students each year.
- Undergraduate certificate programs in scientific computation and applied statistical modeling.
- Short courses in a variety of statistical software packages for faculty, staff and students throughout the year.
The Department of Statistics and Data Sciences, the college’s newest academic unit, is transforming quantitative education at UT, building a national and international reputation for leadership in the field, engaging in important research to make inferences and decisions from data, and reaching significant milestones on our path toward becoming a world-renowned research department in modern statistical sciences.
32 Graduate (Fall 2016)
- Susie Bayarri Award
- Co-editor of Biometrics
- Fellows of the American Statistical Association
- Recipient of National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Recipients of Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award
- Top Global Innovator Under 35 (MIT Technology Review)
- Donald D. Harrington Faculty Fellows
Bayesian statistics / Bayesian Nonparametrics / Machine Learning / Biostatistics / Cancer / Neurological Disorders / Influenza / Infectious Disease Modeling / Finance / Econometrics / Genomics / Clinical Trials / Neurobiology / Risk Assessment