Participants visit the University of Texas at Austin campus on November 13 & 14 and:
- Present research (poster presentations) to fellow undergraduate researchers, College of Natural Sciences faculty members, and graduate students while competing for awards
- Tour the workspaces of top scientists
- Network with CNS faculty and current graduate students
- Have opportunities to learn about graduate school application processes, comprehensive financial support for College of Natural Sciences graduate students, and professional development and career services for PhD trainees
- Experience the excitement of Austin, Texas
Transportation, accommodation, and meals will be covered.
CNS is committed to preparing leaders in research communities that are open to everyone. We understand that broad participation is vital to the future of science and are dedicated to ensuring a supportive environment in which all students thrive. We encourage applications from individuals within populations traditionally underrepresented in our disciplines.
- October 2, 2023: Application Deadline
- All completed applications must be submitted by this date.
- Late applications may not be considered.
- We will only evaluate your most complete and/or latest application. There is absolutely no penalty to submitting multiple such applications.
- October 3 - 6, 2023: Application Review
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by the event committee.
- October 6, 2023: Selection Notification
- Applicants will be notified via email regarding the selection results.
- Selected participants will receive further instructions and details about the event.
- October 12, 2023: Confirmation of Attendance
- Selected participants must confirm their attendance by this date.
- October 13 - November 1, 2023: Preparation
- The event committee will finalize the schedule and other logistics.
- Participants should submit the final abstract.
- November 13 & 14, 2023:
- See you on campus!
Dr. Scott Burghart: email@example.com
Ziyi Li: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for 2023 applications is
October 2, 2023.