Strategic Research Initiatives
The College of Natural Sciences Strategic Research Initiatives office provides grant proposal development support to faculty, researchers and research support staff College-wide.
We work with teams of faculty to identify and develop multi-investigator center grant and institutional training grant proposals. We also offer one-on-one consultations for individual investigator grant proposals.
We maintain an online catalog of information about College and University resources that can be leveraged in grant proposals, and we provide competitive seed funding to support new interdisciplinary research collaborations within the College. We manage internal competitions for limited-submission programs at the College level and establish research policies for the College.
We also support administrative staff who work on grants by providing individual training and proposal preparation guidance. New and experienced research support staff, including postdocs and research scientists who are new to grant writing or proposal prep at UT-Austin, are encouraged to contact us for assistance. Please visit our Research Administrator Resources page to learn about the College's grant support staff working group.
Strategic Research Initiatives is directed by Dr. Jennifer Lyon, who works with faculty to develop competitive grant proposals. Research Support Manager Amy Harding provides mentoring and assistance to research support staff in the College. For more information about how Strategic Research Initiatives can help you secure your next grant, please visit the links below or contact us to schedule a meeting at your convenience.
Now Accepting 2015 CNS Catalyst Grant Applications!
CNS Catalyst Grants are $50,000 internal seed funding grants meant to enable new interdisciplinary collaborations in the College. Proposals are due April 1, 2015. Read full application instructions and eligibility guidelines here.
Are You Ready for the New NIH Biosketch Format?
A new and substantially different biosketch format is required for all NIH submissions on or after May 25, 2015. Templates, examples and guidelines regarding the new biosketch are posted on our sponsor resources page.
- Limited Submission Calendar
- Active Funding Opportunities
- Search for Federal and Private Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Funding Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Internal Funding
Proposal Development Resources
- Proposal Development Services
- Data Management Plan Resources
- Program Assessment Resources
- Educational Outreach Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research Resources
- Proposal Preparation Guidebooks and Helpful Links
- Internal Forms and Templates for Submitting Proposals
Research Administrator Resources
- Internal Forms, Templates and UT Procedures
College Research Policies
- Limited Submission Protocol and FAQs
- Cost-Sharing and Matching Funds Requests
- Indirect Cost Return Policy
- Financial Conflict of Interest Policy