Button to scroll to the top of the page.


Emergency procedures

  • In the event of a fire, serious injury, or other life-threatening situation, call UT Police at 911. 
  • When a biological, chemical, or radioactive spill occurs, or other hazardous environmental situations such as possible gas leaks, air or water quality concerns, call the Environmental Health and Safety at 512-471-3511 (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) or Campus Police at 911 (nights, weekends and holidays).
  • After contacting the appropriate emergency responders, you should alert your supervisor 

Remember to have your name, number, location, and any other pertinent information available at the time of the call. It is important to inform the safety office and the police if any one has been injured or if there has been personal exposure to a dangerous substance.


Non-emergency contacts

  • For issues such as leaking pipes, electrical faults, air-conditioning problems, and custodial call 512-471-2020 (7:30am-5pm M-F).


Important phone numbers

Building-related emergency or problem (broken water pipe, etc): call your building manager (to find your building manager, click the link for your building on this website) or call directly to Facility Services (512) 471-2020 (you can also use this number to request paper towels refills, light bulb replacements, etc.).  

The Environmental Health & Safety (512-471-3511) website has many safety resources.  These include: Safety Training, hazardous waste disposal,  

Workers compensation

If you have a work related injury or illness, you may qualify for workers compensation.  This will cover insurance copays and certain additional expenses.  To qualify for Workers' compensation you must report your injury or illness as soon as possible (24-48 hours, when possible) to your departmental administrator and complete the paper work. If you do not file the paperwork with time limit, you may lose your ability to claim benefits if it later becomes apparent that the injury is more serious that originally believed.  You must also use a IMO Med-Select Network provider.  All of the local emergency rooms are included in this network.  For non-emergency medical care, call Occupational Health (512-471-4647), and they will direct you to a provider.