Button to scroll to the top of the page.

Human resources

Location:  North Office Building (NOA), 101 E 27th St. , on the corner of 27th  and Wichita. 

For general HR-related questions: Contact the  Human Resource Service Center

              Use this quick link  to find the HR professionals assigned to your College/Department

As a UT employee extensive resources can be found on the HR webpage.  These resources include: 

Diversity and Inclusion

The College of Natural Sciences works to promote a diverse, equitable, inclusive and friendly community, with excellence and success for all in our Texas Science community. Access staff resources regarding diversity and inclusion below:

Environmental Health and SAfety

Location: EHS is located in room 210C in the Service Building (SER), 304 East 24th Street.

24-Hour Hotline: 512-471-3511

EH&S: The mission of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is to promote healthy and safe operations on campus, to protect students, faculty, staff and visitors, and to ensure protection of the environment.

Contacts by Area

Emergency Procedures

In case of a biological, chemical, or radioactive spill EH&S has emergency reponders available. They can be contacted at 512-471-3511 during normal service hours Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Nights, weekends and holidays, please contact the Campus Police at 512-471-4441 or 911 from any campus phone. Remember to have your name, number, location, and any other pertinent information available at the time of the call. 

For minor injuries and exposures to hazardous materials during regular business hours call the HealthPoint Occupational Health Program: 512-471-4647. After hours instructions can be found on the OHP website.


The ITS Center is located on the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC)

Call: 512-475-9400 or Submit a request online

CNS Help Request Form (UT EID required)


Visit the Handbook for Business ProceduresPart 7. Purchases , for information about purchasing procedures.

The Purchasing Department can be reached at 512-471-4266 or via email at purchasing@austin.utexas.edu.

You have three options for placing orders:

  1. The most common way to place an order is by using UT-Austin Requisition Form. They can be found ussualy in the Purchasing office of your specific department. Purchases over $5,000+ require vendors under state contract to provide a quote.  For vendors under non-state contracts, you must provide bids from other vendors or a Request for Sole Source Purchase form. If federal funds are used for the purchase a Federal Funds-Cost Justification WorkSheet is required as well.  For more information, see examples of sole source justification forms on the Purchasing Forms and Templates homepage.
  2. UT-Market- The easiest way to place orders at UT, though it is restricted to a subset of vendors. For more info browse the UT Market Shoppers Manual
  3. Procard- Recommended for purchases under $100.   Procards can be used for purchasing materials and lab supplies with the exception of radioactive materials, chemicals and gases. Procards cannot be used for entertainment, travel, or offices supply purchases.

More information can be found on the Purchasing Office Webpage


An important resource for helping with your travel planning can be found on the Travel Management website.  

Before planning your trip  Request your Travel Authorization.

Booking your flight and hotel:

  • Anthony travel
  • Concur:  Register, complete your profile, and book your flight using a direct billed account or personal credit card
  • You may use other online reservation tools if you can get a better price.  However, you will still have to follow all university rules (economy class, etc.).

Travel Reimbursements

Financial Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Statement

Research Title Information

Misc. Resources