Use the summer to take your research experience to the next level!
Participating in research during the summer allows students to focus on their projects in a more intensive way that may not be possible during the academic year. UT Austin students are able to do research in labs on campus as well as through programs hosted by outside institutions.
To learn more about summer opportunities, explore the resources below, attend the annual summer research workshop, make an appointment at TIDES, PAI 3.04, 512-232-9358, or come to walk-in advising.
Fall 2016 Walk-in Advising
Summer Research Workshop
Each fall, TIDES and SURGe co-host a summer research workshop that provides the latest information on how to find, select and apply for summer research positions. The Fall 2016 workshop will be held on Friday, November 11, from 3-5pm in WCH 1.120.
Materials from the workshop:
Finding a Summer Research Opportunity & Crafting an Application
Subscribe to the CNS Undergraduate Research Mailing list to receive postings and information about summer research opportunities in the sciences.
Search databases of research opportunities that take place off-campus/outside UT-Austin.
- National Science Foundation's database of Research Experience for Undergraduates can be searched by area of interest or location.
- Science.gov and Pathways to Science have databases of fellowships/internships in STEM
Participate in an internship that incorporates research.
- ACS Experiential Programs in ChemistryExperiential Programs in Chemistry
- Internships in Biology
- CNS Career Services -- Public Health Internships
- The Student Conservation Association
Explore summer research programs at UT (participation may be limited to non-UT students in some cases; read each announcement for details).
- TIDES and CNS Summer Research Programs
- UT Marine Science Institute REU
- REU in Population Demography
- Texas REU: BME Cures Cancer
- Psychology Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- EURECA REU in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Moncrief Undergraduate Summer Internship
- Texas Advanced Computing Center Integrative Computational Education and Research Traineeship
- Office of Undergraduate Research Summer Research Scholars Programs
Consider a research experience abroad. Browse resources and programs. Make an appointment with TIDES Director of Student Programs, Lynda Gonzales, 512-232-9358, to discuss strategies for finding a placement abroad.