After you complete both semesters of your FRI stream, you have the option to continue research. We're here to help you manage this transition! Here are a few ways to go about it:
Continue in Your Stream
Many students continue doing research in their original streams after the fall of their sophomore year, and you should discuss this option with your Research Educator.
Find Another Research Opportunity
- Check out the EUREKA! Undergraduate Research Opportunity Database--a great web reference for finding professors who are seeking undergraduate researchers.
- Sign-up for the UT undergraduate researcher mailing list
- Sign-up for the CNS Undergraduate Researcher mailing list to receive postings and information about research opportunities in the sciences.
Attend a Research Launch Workshop
One of the goals of the Freshman Research Initiative is to facilitate the integration of undergraduate students into faculty research labs. The Research Launch Workshops are designed to help former FRI students gain access to faculty labs on the UT campus by helping them
- find labs that are of interest,
- approach a faculty mentor,
- explore possible course credit options, and
- plan for faculty expectations.
There will be two (identical) Research Launch Workshops this year:
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016, 5:30-6:30pm in WEL 2.110
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016, 5:00-6:00pm in WEL 2.110
Questions? Contact the Director of FRI, Dr. Stacia Rodenbusch at email@example.com