EEB Ph.D. Course Requirements
EEB students are required to take:
- BIO 389D Subjects and Skills for Graduate Students in the Biological Sciences is to be taken in the fall semester of the students first year and BIO 389E Subjects and Skills in in Ecology, Evolution and Behavior II is to be taken in the second semester of the students first year.
- BIO 384L Issues in Population Biology, must register for this seminar course for one semester
- Three additional lecture courses, at least two of these courses must be graduate level courses taught by an EEB GSC member and at least one of the courses must meet the quantitative requirement.
- Three seminar courses, may be substituted for a lecture course.
- BIO _99R and _99W (dissertation hours): These courses are taken after the student advances to candidacy. The "R" course is taken one time only, after which the student takes _99W each semester until graduation. The number of credit hours per semester will depend on if you have other course work you need to take.
Please contact us if we can answer questions.