Department of Physics
Distinguished Teaching ProfessorMagnetism and superconductivity in oxides and heavy fermion systems; high temperature firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Physics, College of Natural Sciences
1 University Station C1600
Austin, TX 78712
Ph.D., Cornell University (1987)
Magnetism and superconductivity in oxides and heavy fermion systems; high temperature superconductivity; high pressure research; magnetic resonance microscopy; spin dynamics; magentic domain dynamics.
-Thermal Conductivity Probe
-High Temperature Superconducting Materials
-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Microscopy and Spectroscopy
-Novel charge states of Oxide Interfaces using PLD
-High-Q Oscillator Experiments
-Dynamics of Ferromagnets
-Optically Switchable Metal Hydride Films
108. S. Guchhait, M. Jamil, H. Ohldag, E. Arenholz, G. Liang, A. LiFatou, D. A. Ferrer, J. T. Markert, L. Colombo, S. K. Banerjee, "Ferromagnetism in Mn Implanted Epitaxially Grown GeC on Si(100)," Phys. Rev. B (submitted)
109. D. A. Ferrer, S. Guchhait, H. Liu, F. Ferdousi, C. Corbet, H. Xu, M. Doczy, G. Bourianoff, L. Mathew, R. Rao, S. Saha, M. Ramon, S. Ganguly, J. T. Markert and S. K. Banerjee, "Origin of Shape Anisotropy in Solution-phase Synthesized FePt Nanomagnets," Science (submitted)
108. Mark C. Monti, Carl J. Stolle and John T. Markert, "Initial experimental results exploring epitaxial strain between polar perovskites and SrTiO3,"
107. A. Lee, P. Jayathilaka, C. A. Bauer, M. C. Monti, J. T. Markert, A. de Lozanne, and C. W. Miller, "Magnetic Force Microscopy on Magnetite Thin Films Through the Verwey Transition," Applied Physics Letters 97, 162502 (2010).
106. P. B. Jayathilaka, C. A. Bauer, D. V. Williams, M. C. Monti, J. T. Markert, and C. W. Miller, "Impact of Ultrathin Transition Metal Buffer Layers of Fe3O4 Thin Films," Journal of Applied Physics 107, 09B101 (2010).
105. C. Constantin, K. Wang, A. Chinchore, H.-J. Chia, J. T. Markert, and A. R. Smith, "Magnetic and Electronic Properties of Fe0.1Sc0.9N/ScN(001)/MgO(001) Grown by Radiofrequency Molecular Beam Epitaxy," Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1198, E97-22 (2010).
104. G. Liang, H. Fang, S. Guchhait, C. Hoyt, and J. T. Markert,"Effects of Sintering on Superconductivity in Ti-Sheathed MgB2 Wires," Advances in Cryogenic Engineering 56, 281–288 (2010).