Button to scroll to the top of the page.


Campus health and safety are our top priorities. Get the latest from UT on COVID-19.

Get help with Zoom and more.


Compliance Forms

An event would not be complete without the required paperwork. Below are some forms that you may need to complete according to the scope of your event. Check out the Terminology section below for more details on each.

Tip: Risk Management Guidelines for Special Events provides specific risk management guidelines that should be considered before planning a sponsored event.


For many event services, including venues, catering, and audio-visual, you will need to obtain a contract from the selected vendor. A Business Contract Review Form should be completed and submitted to the VPCFO’s office for review and signature. See Procedures for Submitting Business Contracts for Review, Approval and Execution for further details.

In addition, the University has specific agreements for the following:

Tip: All contracts for hotels and catering with a value over $15,000 require Purchasing Office approval. Schools and departments must submit either three bids or an Exclusive Acquisition Justification (EAJ) request to their Purchasing Office buyer team. Once reviewed, the Purchasing Office will forward approval to the Business Contracts Office. This policy only applies to contracts with external providers. Internal University of Texas Austin units providing these services, such as AT&T Conference Center, Thompson Conference Center, Division of Housing and Foods, and others are exempt from procurement approval. The RFP and bidding process can take several months to complete, so make sure you are planning well in advance if you are working with a large budget.

Tip: The Handbook of Business Procedures is the definitive resource for your questions on University business procedures and fiscal oversight.