Resources For Your Major
Every major and course of study is unique. Below you will find a number of career resources specially crafted to help you understand where your major can take you.
General Career Exploration & Assessments
UT Campus Resources
James W. Vick Center for Strategic Advising and Career Counseling
VCSA & CC offers two assessments to help you know more about yourself, generate career ideas, or confirm options you may have been considering. These career assessments may also be helpful in choosing an academic major. Available assessments include Myers-Briggs Type Indicator & Strong Interest Inventory. Please contact their office in JES A115 at 512-232-8400.
- Focus 2
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- Career One Stop
- My Next Move
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- 16 Personalities (Free Personality Assessment)
- seekUT (The UT System has this website and tool to provide valuable data about employment earnings for the first five years after graduation, as well as average student loan debt, for graduates by degree major)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Vick Center for Strategic Advising and Career Counseling)
- Strong Interest Inventory (Vick Center for Strategic Advising and Career Counseling)