In an information-rich world, statistics cuts through the noise.
- Faculty world-renowned for contributions to statistical theory, methodology, and application with ongoing research collaborations from the UK to Sweden to Korea to Chile.
- Growing research program with over 3.7 million dollars awarded during first two years of grant activity.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, M.S. in Statistics, and graduate portfolio programs in applied statistical modeling and scientific computation.
- Serves 2100+ students per semester with over 40 new courses developed since 2007.
- 600+ participants expand their skills through four-day intensives in statistics and data analysis at the annual UT Summer Statistics Institute.
- Twenty leading international scholars and professionals in applied statistics share their expertise with UT students through the “Statistics in Action” Seminar Series.
- 800+ hours of free consulting services to university faculty, staff and students each year.
- Undergraduate certificate programs in scientific computation and applied statistical modeling.
- Short courses in a variety of statistical software packages for faculty, staff and students throughout the year.
- MOOC, “Foundations of Data Analysis,” to debut in Fall 2014.
The Department of Statistics and Data Sciences is a world-class center for statistical science that advances scholarship across the university and prepares graduates to flourish in an information-rich world.
Enrollment in SSC courses (2013-2014)
12 core faculty
107 associated faculty
2 Fellows of the American Statistical Association
2 Recipients of National Science Foundation CAREER award
1 Sloan Research Fellow
1 Top Global Innovator Under 35 (MIT Technology Review)
2 Donald D. Harrington Faculty Fellows
Bayesian Statistics / Machine Learning / Cancer / Neurological Disorders / Influenza / Infectious Disease / Finance / Electricity Markets / Genomics / Clinical Trials / Neurobiology