During students' first year in WINS, they enjoy a living-learning environment of 60 incoming students which creates a support network and atmosphere conducive to young women pursuing successful careers in science. Participants have the advantage of attending a large research university while also enjoying the group camaraderie and specialized opportunities being a part of WINS provides.
Unique Academic Opportunities
All WINS participants:
- Receive guaranteed seats in popular course sections with private registration assistance from their advisors.
- Enroll in a one-hour Women in Science seminar (NSC 115) during the fall semester - reserved exclusively for WINS students.
- Have automatic acceptance into the Freshman Research Initiative.
- On average have higher GPAs and are more likely to graduate from the College of Natural Sciences (CNS) than than their male and non-WINS female counterparts.
- Are well-positioned to continue their education beyond their years in CNS based on their participation in undergraduate research.
Learn more about the other benefits of WINS: