Strategic Research Initiatives
The College of Natural Sciences Strategic Research Initiatives office works with teams of college faculty to identify, develop, acquire and manage multi-investigator center grants and institutional training grants from external funding agencies.
Strategic Research Initiatives also represents the college’s interests in cross-college and university-level matters related to research funding, such as managing limited-submission proposal processes, fostering cooperation in cross-college pursuits of major funding, and establishing policies for grant-related issues.
Strategic Research Initiatives is directed by Dr. Jennifer Lyon. For more information about how Strategic Research Initiatives can help you secure your next major center grant, please visit the links below or contact Jennifer to schedule a meeting at your convenience.
University Deadline for Requesting Summer Salary Exceeding NIH or CPRIT Salary Cap: April 4, 2014
The University has created a pool to assist faculty who have a base salary that exceeds the NIH Salary Cap ($181,500) or CPRIT salary cap ($200,000). This pool is available to cover summer salaries only. Requests for summer salary exceeding the NIH or CPRIT salary caps must be submitted to the Office of Sponsored Projects no later than April 4, 2014.
CPRIT Accepting Applications for Faculty Recruitment Awards beginning March 3, 2014
The Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) has announced that they will be accepting institutional applications for their Faculty Recruiting Award mechanisms beginning March 3. Three types of faculty recruiting are supported by CPRIT: Recruitment of First-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty Members; Recruitment of Rising Stars and Recruitment of Established Investigators.
- Limited Submission Calendar
- Active Funding Opportunities
- Search for Federal and Private Funding Opportunities (requires EID and password)
- Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Funding Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Internal Funding
Proposal Development Resources
- Proposal Development Services
- Data Management Plan Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research Resources
College Research Policies
- Limited Submission Protocol and FAQs
- Cost-Sharing and Matching Funds Requests
- Indirect Cost Return Policy
- Conflict-of-Interest Management Policy (external site)