If you need special assistance completing the assessment contact: ALEKS Help Request (512) 471-3797
ALEKS Chemistry Learning Modules (Available only after purchasing ALEKS Chemistry and completing the initial assessment)
Quest Chemistry Learning Modules (Available only after purchasing the UT CNS Chemistry Readiness Package)
|ALEKS Technical Support|
For ALEKS customer support please phone or email:
The use of ALEKS requires installation of the ALEKS plug-in or use of the streaming plug-in.
If you have trouble installing the plug-in: http://www.aleks.com/faqs/technical#ques_plugin
If you wish to use the streaming plug-in: http://www.aleks.com/faqs/technical#streaming_plugin
How do I fix Next Generation Java errors? Please see: http://www.aleks.com/faqs/technical#Java_Next_Generation
IMPORTANT. After installation of the ALEKS plug-in, restart (reboot) your computer.
If you receive an error message about Java when accessing ALEKS, please try the following procedures in the order given.
NOTE. Before doing any of these steps, temporarily disable or turn off any security software on your computer. It can be turned back on when you are through with these operations.
How to temporarily disable your firewall: http://www.aleks.com/faqs/technical#ques_troubleshooting
1) Open the "Tools" menu in Internet Explorer, and choose "Internet Options." If you can't find "Internet Options," open "Control Panel" in your "Start" menu (lower left-hand corner of Desktop), then "Internet Options."
2) Click the "Programs" tab to the upper right, then the button "Manage add-ons" toward the bottom of the box.
3) Scroll slowly down the list of settings, looking for anything that says "Java" or "VM" (Virtual Machine). If there is nothing that says "Java" or "VM," you don't have Java installed. Go to procedure "C. INSTALL JAVA," below.
4) If you do find this, look to see if the Status column says "Enabled." If it is enabled, this is not the problem. Go to procedure "B. REMOVE INSTALLATIONS OF JAVA," below.
5) If it is not enabled, select the line and click "Enable" below the list. Do this for each line with Java or any of the words mentioned above.
6) Restart (reboot) your computer (the restart is necessary for Java to be recognized).
7) Try again to access your ALEKS account. If the problem is not resolved, go to procedure "B. REMOVE INSTALLATIONS OF JAVA," below.
1) Click on the "Start" menu located at the lower left hand corner of the Desktop and choose "Control Panel."
2) Click on the icon for "Add or Remove Programs," [in Vista, use "Programs," then "Uninstall Programs] and scroll slowly down the list of programs looking for "Java" or "JRE Runtime or J2SE or Sun Java..." If there is no Java or JRE J2SE in this list, that means you do not have Java installed. Go to procedure "C. INSTALL JAVA," below.
3) If you find "Java" or "JRE Runtime" or "J2SE," click on the entries one by one (be sure you are clicking the right ones!) and then click the "Remove" button that appears. This will remove them from your system.
4) Restart (reboot) the computer.
5) Once the installations of Java have been removed, you must reinstall Java. Go to procedure "C. INSTALL JAVA," below.
1) Go to the following web address: http://www.aleks.com/support/sun_jvm
2) On this page, click on the link "Download Java VM ..." and follow the instructions to install. Pop-ups must be allowed, and you should disable security on your browser temporarily (see above). Download and installation may take a few minutes. Wait until you get the message that installation was complete and successful.
3) When installation is complete, restart (reboot) your computer.
4) Try again to access your ALEKS account.
5) If the problem is not resolved, go to procedure "D. CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT," below.
1) Send an email to: http://support.aleks.com, giving your ALEKS Login Name (if you have one), a complete description of the problem, and what you have done to try to resolve it.
2) We recommend that you include in your email your telephone number, time zone, and day and time when we should call you. This should be a specific day and time, such as "Thursday, 11:00 AM Eastern Time," not "tomorrow afternoon." ALEKS Customer Support is open Monday-Friday, 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
3) If you call ALEKS Customer Support, please be aware that our lines may be busy at certain times of the day. If lines are busy, please leave a detailed voice message including your ALEKS Login Name (if you have one) and a complete description of the problem and what you have done to resolve it. Please speak slowly, and include your telephone number with your time zone and the best time for us to call (during our business hours). The number is (714) 619-7090. For fastest response, we recommend using email.
Do not send ALEKS your UT-eid and/or password.