Division of Statistics and Scientific Computation
In an information-rich world, statistics cuts through the noise.
- Serves 1500+ students per semester with over 38 new courses developed since 2007.
- 600+ participants expand their skills through four-day intensives in statistics and data analysis at the annual UT Summer Statistics Institute.
- Twenty leading international scholars and professionals in applied statistics share their expertise with UT students through the "Statistics in Action" Seminar Series.
- 824 hours of free consulting services to university faculty, staff and students each year.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, M.S. in Statistics, and graduate portfolio programs in applied statistical modeling and scientific computation.
- Undergraduate certificate programs in scientific computation and applied statistical modeling.
- Short courses in a variety of statistical software packages for faculty, staff and students throughout the year.
- Growing research program with more than $1.1 million awarded during first year of grant activity.
- Developing Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), "Foundations of Data Analysis," to debut in Spring 2014.
The Division of Statistics and Scientific Computation is a world-class center for statistical science that advances scholarship across the university and prepares graduates to flourish in an information-rich world.
Enrollment in SSC courses (2012-2013)
Faculty12 core faculty
107 associated faculty
2 Donald D. Harrington Faculty Fellows
2 fellows of the American Statistical Association
3 recipients of National Science Foundation CAREER award
1 Top Global Innovator Under 35 (MIT Technology Review)